Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Zippity Do Dah

Today I remembered why I am not a nurse or personal assistant. I do not have much patience and people around me need to do what they are told and at some point fend for themselves. This does not make for good servant material. I can only do so much and then I need a vacation.

Clay is doing better. He is performing covert illegal operations and spending lots of time on the phone and on the couch. This morning he drove himself to get a taquito for breakfast and filled up my car with gasoline. I woke up to an empty house and immediatly called him to say, "What are you doing?" He sheepishly replied that he didn't know he wasn't supposed to be driving. I reminded him that just a few hours ago his body was filled to capacity with heavy sleep inducing narcotics. On top of that he has a stint in his ureter, he is taking kill the horse pain medication and he is not supposed to be driving or eating spicy, fatty foods from our local mexican dive! Macho as he is, he said it was no big deal, he was hungry, I wasn't awake...blah, blah, blah! When he returned home he told me that he filled my car up with gas and looked at me like I was supposed to thank him. I looked at him like if you damage yourself while healing and we have to prolong this misery, YOU WILL DIE! Like the Sweet Potato Queens say, "Some men need killin". Please dear Jesus in heaven above keep him from killin himself so I can get the priveledge!

2 comments:

Chrystal Sturm said...

I hear you sister. What an ordeal! That poor man. Was it really the Diet Coke? You know that for sure? How much DC was the man drinking. You know, McDs is selling those 42oz drinks again for $.69. They are just TRYING to give me another kidney stone. For some reason, I'm sitting up straighter right now. As if to lengthen the passage way.

Chrystal Sturm said...

Um...love the updated "About Me" section.