Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Landry Asks Jesus Into His Heart


This summer Landry made an exciting decision. He asked Jesus into his heart. He has talked to us about it for a year or two and we have always encouraged him to let us know when he is ready to make that decision. This year my mom took Landry and Sophie to the last couple of days of Children's Camp. On Thursday, he called me to ask if it was okay if he went down and talked to Mr. Don, our children's pastor, and let him know that he has asked Jesus into his heart and he wants to be baptized. Clay and I hightailed it up to Glen Rose (we were in San Antonio) to be there when he walked up the aisle. He was so sure and excited. It was really cool to be there and witness him making such an important choice on his own. We were blessed to have our very own Shea Jenkins counsel with Landry after he made is decision. When they came back to the gym, Shea said that he told Landry that it was cool to watch him do this because his parents and grandparents are part of why he is a Christian. I told him, likewise. His mom and dad played an integral role in my own Christianity. It is so fulfilling to be a part of a church for so long. To have roots so deep that I have no doubt why I am who I am. I am thankful to God that he has allowed me the opportunity to give this to my kids as well.

Soon, Landry will be baptized and we are having a big party afterwards to celebrate!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chrystal Sturm said...

What an awesome story (she types thru tear-filled eyes!!!). Thanks for sharing, Lita. When is the baptism? I'm sure Momma Lita will want to be there!

Also, bravo on the header. Beautimus!

Jessica Kaylor said...

Yea!!!
Thanks for sharing the big news.
Love you so much,
Jess