Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sweet Nothings

I love the way Sophie says "Momma". It's very southern and very little girl. I can't describe it, but it is sweet. Landry has called me mom since he was about three. Unless he is sick or being very sweet. So, when Sophie talks to me and she says, "right momma?" I just love it! I remember when Landry used to call me "mommies" he was one or two and oh so sweet. I also remember when he started talking in sentences. Right after his 2nd birthday we were shopping in a store. We started to leave and he looked up at me and said, "We not going to buy any little boy toys?" I stopped in my tracks and told him not today. He looked at me with these questioning eyes and said, "Little boy have enough toys at home?" I can hear it like it was yesterday. He was so edible!

Last week he told me he learned about "penstofalys" in school that day. He meant apostrophes. Sophie had a headache last week and told me that her head was beeping all day long and she had a tentature in her ear because it was beeping, too. She did have a temperature in her ear. I am glad we don't use the rectal thermometer.

No comments: